How to define the Acidity and Alkalinity of your Body:
Knowing whether your body is acid or alkaline is an important part of the Alkaline Diet. Checking which you are is quite easy, simply follow the guide below:
- Regularly check the pH of your urine and saliva and analyse your results. Ask a health practitioner to help you interpret the results.
- Acids come primarily from food intake; review your diet, does it consist of at least 80% alkalising foods? Keep a food diary for at least 24 hours noting everything that you consume (including snacks & medication). Download our free Acid-Alkaline Foodchart here.
- Review your symptoms; the following could be an indication for acidification: lack of energy, drive & enthusiasm, excess weight, eczema, low blood pressure, aches and pains, depression, weak immune system and allergies*.
Have a look at your overall lifestyle; how we live our daily life has an influence on our acid-alkaline balance. Having an active lifestyle, with hobbies & interests, a positive outlook on life, but also time for relaxing and de-stressing and regular sleep all have a positive influence.
- Relax - using well-known relaxation methods and breathing exercises, like pilates & yoga
- Move - go for a walk, swim or cycle-ride as often as you can
- De-stress - we are all guilty of trying to do too much, de-clutter & de-stress your life, find out what is really important and focus on that
- Reflect - at the end of every day look back at the day and all the positive and nice things that have happened and all the good things that you have achieved - and smile!
- Time out - Spend time with family & friends or following hobbies & interests. This is a great way to laugh and relax and of distracting yourself from the daily grind.
* sources: Christopher Vasey, The Acid-Alkaline Diet; and O. Young, The pH Miracle
Please note: Only opinions based upon our own personal experience or information detailed in academic journals or other publications is cited. This has been done exclusively for anyone who is interested in this subject but is not intended to replace proper diagnosis and is not intended to be a therapy. WE DO NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE or prescribe any treatments. This refers to any form of conversation between TheAlkaStore.com and our customers, readers or website visitors. We cannot accept responsibility and liability of any kind, which may result from the application of this information. We always recommend consulting a health expert or doctor to discuss any test results or get a full recommendation specific to your situation from an expert.
This information is owned by TheAlkaStore.com and you do NOT have the right to reprint, sell, auction or distribute this information.